Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday


I woke up around 8:30 to go with the family to nippers. Nippers are for kids who are learning to surf, which Riley is doing. I had never seen the ocean before. SO different from the still lakes of Kansas. I got tumbled over and my boobs came out of my cozzie (swimsuit), whoops. But I started to get the hang of it after awhile. Louise and her sister Jen showed me how to ride a wave. It is tiring! After that we all came home and hung out. Glen took me into Wollongong to buy a cell phone and internet. Very beautiful city with lots of shopping malls. I will probably buy a train ticket and go explore there tomorrow. Another student from Japan is staying here for six weeks; he seems nice enough but cannot speak English well.
            I will be trying Kangaroo soon, that will be interesting and Vegemite.
So far, I love it. There are quite a few differences. People are much more healthy here for sure, and I love it. I will be going to Zumba and Pilates with Louise every week and dieting. I hope to change my eating habits. They are also a VERY clean family, so I hope I pick up on that too. Pharmacists are called chemists here. There is a lot of slang to get used to, but it’s not too hard.
            I am really excited to go to uni orientation on Tuesday. It’s such a big beautiful campus. Also, no one says “you’re welcome” here. Ever. Mostly people say “no worries”. And everyone calls you love or dear. I LOVE being called love. Clothes are also called costumes here. Mostly women wear dresses, I need to get some soon.
Well, that was my first two days here in pretty lengthy detail. I miss you all so much. I hope to come back to you a tanner, thinner, happier me.

1 comment:

  1. This all seems really exciting! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete