Monday, April 4, 2011

Once upon a time, I found home

I can't believe that I've been here for a month and a half already.


I've never felt more at home than I do now. Never once in Kansas did I feel, yes I belong here.

I love my host mom so much. She is such an amazing woman, and I can't imagine my life without her now.

I mostly love how everything here is backwards from what I'm used do. They drive on the left, instead of leaves falling in autumn, tree's bark peels. Instead of always getting stressed or upset, everything is "no worries".

I feel like I am becoming the woman I am supposed to be here. I don't desire the things I used to. I don't want your suburban beige world. I want my own, I want to get so far away from the bland realities of this world. I'm glad to be free of the shackles that we were desperately chained to me. I am who I am, I wouldn't change a single thing about my personality, or my beliefs.

I wonder if I'll go through depression when I come home from here. I probably will. I feel like this is my family, my home, the refuge I never had.


If there was one thing I could do over, was let go sooner. Stop letting people break me, judge me, hurt me. I am unbreakable and more of myself, than I realized was left.

In Australia I am me. Not the one I have to act like to make you happy. Not the one who has to fit in with any group of people. Purely and selfishly, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment